Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blog envy

Hungarian for the day: A rest kétszer fárad. - A lazy man works twice.

Having spent all afternoon reading other people's funny and interesting blogs I reflected upon how very long it's been since my last post in my own neglected blog. What can I say, it's a quiet town I live in. Plus I'm lazy.

New developments in Szentes:

1. New fountains in the river-


2. My washing machine is evil and has been broken for nearly a month. There must be some balance between the stereotypical American attitude towards malfunctioning machines (throw it away, buy a new one) and the Hungarian attitude (fix and fix until you've spent more on surly repairmen than a new appliance costs). Am I being unreasonable thinking this thing needs to be replaced? Take a look and decide for yourself -


3. I finally got a bike! One of my colleague's lent me her bike from her adolescence and it's in need of a paint job but it's a faithful means of conveyance -


On a side note, only 19 days until I'm back in the States for the summer!

3 comments:

Alina Harway said...

third option: now that you have a bike, perhaps you could bike to town to do your laundry at a laundromat (Do they have one in Szentes?)

Unknown said...

1: New Szentes fountains ~ great
2: Old washing machine, Yuk. No dirty laundry allowed through U.S. customs 3: Let's hear it for friends who had boys model bikes (good for your dignity) ~ Ever, Your Grandma P.

Nyájas olvasó said...

Hi Paul!

I accidentally found your blog! :)
Do you remember me? We met at a garden party at Zoli's house this summer! We talked a lot about politics, the USA, and so on! Hey, how are you doing back in the States? Are you back in the University? (I am...)
I hope you are fine, check out my blog at: http://tulajdonkeppen.blog.hu